Friday, December 23, 2011

At Home - Day 5

FAT STATS
Heaviest weight (Feb 2011): 259 lbs

Starting weight at Biggest Loser Resort (Nov 2011): 217 lbs

Current weight: 189.25 lbs (gained a quarter of a pound since yesterday... Must have been the banana - LOL)

FUEL:
Approx 1260 calories
  • Breakfast: banana, whole wheat sandwich thins, almond butter (again... it's just SO easy!)
  • Snack: none today (in retrospect, I need this snack so that I'm not so hungry later in the day)
  • Lunch: whole wheat sandwich thins, ground chicken patty, ketchup and mustard
  • Snack: two small lettuce wraps with chopped chicken, onions and light soy sauce
  • Dinner: Ahi tuna, black pepper and spinach

THE BURN:
Approx 600 calories
  • 20 minute walk - 1.3 miles
  • One hour with personal trainer
  • 30 minute walk - 1.75 miles
  • 30 minutes on treadmill at incline
  • Dumbell workout
  • Lots of planks. Meh!

SELF ASSESSMENT:
  • Personal score: B+ (I am finding that evening workouts are not my thing!)

MY DAY:

What a great day with so many wonderful, little surprises! I got off to a pretty good start, exercise-wise, once I inhaled some breakfast. I went to bed a little hungry last night and woke up ravenous! Even so, I always find it difficult to eat just after I wake up. Oranges go down well, but bananas, not so much! I choke them down because I need that jump start to my metabolism!

I headed out the door to my personal training appointment into a cray cray 27 degrees! No gloves, wearing capri workout pants, and wishing I was back in bed. An hour and a half later, it was still only 32 degrees and I offered some strange lady $20 for her gloves as I passed her in the park... all she did was mumble and walk faster! (Hey Beezy! I'm freezing over here!)

brrr


I'm not going to lie, the first 10 minutes on treadmill were no effing picnic today! When I looked at the display and saw that only 10 minutes had passed, I almost hit the stop button, but I told myself to go at least one mile...


the first mile - it was a doozy


Just then, I remembered that while at the Biggest Loser Resort, I would be super tired during the morning hikes but would get a second wind after a mile or two. On one hike in particular, the "Mamma Jamma" hike, (named after a hilacious hill that seemingly went straight up into the air... you almost had to run up it, just so you wouldn't fall backwards... Too bad crying up the hill doesn't make you move faster! Ha!) Keith and I both had our iPods/iPhones playing music and the same song came on for both of us in our Playlists at the same time (Pitbull's Calle Ocho). The song's beat had us both dancing and jogging at the same time. Today, the song came on right at that 10 minute mark on the treadmill... I was instantly energized, remembering Mamma Jamma and envisioning Keith giving me the, "work harder you big pansy!" look... so, I did! Before I knew it, 30 minutes had passed and it was time for strength training!

I made it!


After I made myself some lunch, I received a message from Tony, asking me to come visit him! Tony is like another little brother to me and I missed him lots while I was away! It was really good to see him and catch up! Especially when he said I look the thinnest he's ever seen me look! (Yay! Small victory dance!)
My baby boy, Tony! <3

Tony and I talked about signing up for a few 5Ks together (as he served me seared ahi over spinach with no oil, no butter, no sauce, and no salt)... we'll see!

Tastes much better than it looks!

Then, as I'm sitting at the bar, listening to him and his buddy, Paul drone on about their fantasy football teams, I get a Message on Facebook that says, "You look pretty tonight." (stalker?) I looked up and saw my friends, Jason and Bryan! Fun fun! We always have such great laughs together! Love those two!


After that, I did a little Christmas shopping (finally), well - I cheated a little. I went to the gift card kiosk at Safeway and chose a variety and plethora of gift cards for my immediate family.


I thought I'd be bored for the rest of the night, but I got a call from a friend who invited me to his house for dinner. (How lucky am I to have all this company tonight?) However, it was at his house that I almost slipped up! After such a great day, it was surprising to see how easily a weak moment could sneak in! All it took was us getting comfy on the couch to watch a movie, then he blurts, "Gosh, I could really go for a donut right now!" (Of course he could! He can eat anything he wants and maintains the body of an adonis! So unfair! Butthead!)


The mere mention of the tasty treats caused me to completely forget about detoxing my body of sugar, how good I felt as a result, and my weight loss objectives! I try to remind myself every day that the extra weight, sugar, and fat were all playing a role in my back hurting, my hair falling out, and the fact that I always felt like a second rate version of myself! However, in the few minutes tonight that my mind veered toward donuts, none of that was in my head whatsoever! The drooling fat kid in my subconscious took over! Ack! Someone please kill that little bastard!


My immediate reaction to him was, "Don't say THAT! I love donuts! Bad!" but while he was deliciously describing how much he loved glazed donuts, I started reminiscing about the chocolate-covered bear claw, stuffed with crumbles and cinnamon, that I used to get at 2am during "those nights" in college. As if I suddenly became possessed by the fat fairy, I turned around and said, "You know what? If you really want to grab a donut, let's go! A donut sounds amazing!"


He started to grab his jacket as I called "Marie's" (apparently the best donuts in town) to see if they were still open. They were closed. Like someone feinding for heroin, I immediately began dialing all the other donut places that Google could muster up for me. Bless my friend's heart as he came up to me while I was dialing down the list and said, "It's ok, sweetie. I don't want one that bad." SNAP! Oh shit! What the hell was I doing?!?!? Thank goodness he lost interest or I honestly believe the next step would have been for me to order at least a half dozen and eat them all in one sitting! It's incredible how quickly a food addiction can take over your mind! Scary! Kudos to me for realizing this (albeit a little later than I would have hoped), and for not driving to a donut shop anyway on my way home!


One more small surprise... because of my BLR journey and my blog, I've been asked to become a coach for teambeachbody.com! This is such a tremendous honor and major surprise! Although I feel like I am nowhere near where I should be in order to be coaching other people, I am going to embrace this wonderful opportunity and pray that I can inspire at least one person out there to begin their journey and stay on track. I will be setting up a few web sites and officially starting my own business! Thank you, coach Matt, for believing in me and for asking me to be a part of your team! I'm super excited!


And, finally, a minor accomplishment today! I squeezed (more like pried, sucked, twisted, and contortioned) my way into those True Religion jeans! Woot woot! I was even able to button them! Would I wear them in public at this point? Hell no! But, they were on! Ha! Evidence follows:


Now, how do I get OUT of these?


Tomorrow, I am going up north to spend time with the family; triggers galore with all the sweets and bad food! Wish me luck! I'm not sure how much will power I have against crescent rolled hot links, See's candy, peppermint taffy, Frangelico hot chocolate, or wine <simultaneous sigh and tummy grumble> It'll all be worth it... it'll all be worth it... it'll all be worth it... donut... what?!?!.... no!.... it'll all be worth it.

Final thought:

I KNOW I can!



See you on the fit side!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment