Thursday, December 8, 2011

Week 2: Day 4 - Hardest Hike Ever! (and filled with laughter... what?)

Need to buy a Polar To figure out calorie burn...

8:34 AM: Ann, our guide, says we'll feel very accomplished by the end of the hike.
10:40 AM: I want to push Ann off of the cliff (not really... in reality, I LOVE Ann... she's awesome!). The only thing I accomplished was dizziness and nausea. Hardest hike ever! Nancy (another guide) had to give me a shot of electrolytes while Keith helped me regain my breath, also taking my vitals and generously offering me mouth to mouth... Such a gentleman!
 
 
Courtney and me with our Camelbaks

Van 4 :-) Family

I believe my exact words were "F*#$! this!"


Keith caught with his pants down

Sione Fa training us today

I paid for that hike all day. Each class was more difficult than the previous. By the end of the day, with cardio intervals, hiking, ball works and treading complete, I was ready to scream or cry. However, I told my friends before entering my last class, that I was going to take it easy and do the bare minimum because I was so tired. That didn't happen. Tonia was teaching the class and my body won't let me slack in her presence. I don't know what it is about her, but I ran my tail off until the bitter end, tears and all. Love that woman.

Food was extra delish today. I especially liked the "sloppy joe" made from ground turkey and vegetables...after I slathered it with siracha. I gave my dessert away, though... It was covered in that putrid Greek yogurt again <gaggus maximus>.

Proper props:
  • Amanda Tyson: You're a rock star! Keep up the great work! Tomorrow, we finish the hike together!
  • Keith Ulley: I don't know of a time in my life I've laughed so hard! You help make every day a fun experience, even when I feel like I'm in fitness hell. Just don't make me pee my pants on a hike, ok?
  • Kim Hanks: My sistah from anotha mutha! You are such a great partner in the gym and the only girl I know who's cray cray enough to see how high a machine can go, then tries it! During intervals!
  • Courtney Crozier: I love you, girl! You have impacted my life in ways you'll never know. I have only known you for a few days, but They have been some of the best days of my life and I'm so grateful you have been an integral part of my experience!
  • Tara Costa: Tonight was fun! You are a kick!

Here was my menu for today:


See you on the fit side!

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment