Monday, December 12, 2011

Week 3: Day 1 - Back on track!

I haven't blogged in a few days... Saturday was pretty low key and Sunday was our rest day. New people arrived at the resort on Sunday afternoon. They seem like an extremely quiet bunch! All of us "stayovers" are making more of an effort to get to know the newbies. So far, they're all very nice.

I found out today that I get to attend the finale with Kelly Rainville McCain and her sister, Courtney. Courtney is a contestant on this season's Biggest Loser! What an amazing opportunity! I can't wait! Apparently, the after party is going to be totally amazing! I've heard it's even better than attending the live show... Look for me on TV :-)

Since Friday, I've made some serious strides in my physical conditioning! I'm now consistently running on the treadmill and today I was able to run at 7.3 mph! I also sprinted a couple of times in the rain on our "hike." Hike is in quotes because it was pouring and cold...we tried one hike at the "Bark Park" that was so slick and muddy that once my feet gave way beneath me on a semi-treacherous hill, I looked at the guide and said, "This isn't worth re-injuring myself. I'm going back." She didn't fight me one iota and before I knew it, the rest of the group was headed back as well. So, we ended up walking and jogging through some nearby neighborhoods. I will not be hiking tomorrow if it is still raining. It pretty much sucked and I don't want to hate hiking because I believe it's the one thing that is getting me in shape most quickly. I hope I can find a decent substitute when I return to Sacramento. Unfortunately, because of the rain today, I don't have any pictures.

The start of this week is both exciting and a little sad. I'm excited that Dr. Ray has my back functioning at a point where most of the day I am now OUT of pain <small victory dance>... I am also excited that I have met and gotten to know people that have restored my faith in humanity.... genuinely nice, honest, wonderful people. I can't remember the last time I felt this physically strong and balanced. I'm not afraid to push myself anymore and I can't wait to tackle this week's kickboxing class (up until now, I've had to forgo attending the class due to the impact to my spine).

As for being a little sad, I really miss Brianne, Cara, Kelly and Megan. They each brought something special to my days and were so caring and supportive, without judgment. I do get to see Kellly tomorrow, so that's super exciting, but I'll have to wait for my next trip to SF to see Brianne and Cara, and I'll have to wait for May's finale to see Meg. Highlight of the day? Getting a "shweet" from Brianne. Awesome! A shweet is tweeting someone while taking a $&%#! Nice :-) I miss that woman! Hahaha!

I had a tough moment this morning, where I seriously thought I was going to leave and cut my journey short. I have, at times, felt like this environment may no longer be conducive to bettering my mental health. I have also felt that I've obtained everything necessary to continue a good health and exercise regimen on my own. I rented a convertible Mustang and was ready to pack it up. Then, I saw John. John is one of the trainers at the resort. Something told me that I should talk to him. So, I did... John was extremely understanding and logical and said all the right things. My attitude completely changed from that point forward and I ended up having one of my best and most accomplished days yet at BLR.

Today's menu was just over 1000 calories and I didn't eat all of it. I haven't had much appetite for the last few days, even after working out for so long! Not sure why that is, because normally I would eat everything in front of me, go back for seconds, then be on a mission for dessert. Not just any mission... I would take a cab or have something delivered, if nothing was in the house. All of that sounds kind of sickening to me now. I don't think I could handle the sugar! There was one night here where we went out and got frozen yogurt instead of eating the resort's healthy dessert. The next day, all of us were sick to our stomachs. That's one way to keep me from eating dessert! Haha!

Someone's gettting a little antsy that I've been on the computer so long :-)

More tomorrow...

See you on the fit side!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment