Sunday, December 4, 2011

Week 1 is Complete! - A summary of the first week at BLR

Week 1 is Complete at The Biggest Loser Resort!
Week 1 seemed to go by so quickly! I keep hearing from the BLR staff that Week 2 is so much easier (I’m wondering if they say that just to keep you here, waiting for “that day” when everything is sunshine and rainbows. Hmmmm…), but I was still sore from Week 1's workouts when I woke up this morning. At one point, I wondered whether I should conjure an excuse (see: my pancreas needs rest, my feet said no way, and wtf am I doing here?), but then I read the Phat Chances blog and was overwhelmingly guilted...er inspired... to get my butt moving and head to yoga. Glad I did! It felt amazing!
I am actually VERY excited to try all the hiking trails again this week! For those who don’t have access to my recent Facebook status posts, I started Week 1 in a different hiking group than I’m in today. I miss my original group, but the new group is full of crazy fitness animals that run, even when they’re not being chased. In order to keep up, I have to run like I just stole something! They push me hard... so hard, in fact, I swear I saw my lung and a little of my lunch last week. On Thursday, I hit a wall and wasn’t quite able to finish one of the hikes. This week, I hope to finish that hike completely and in at least the middle of the pack.
Shout outs:
  • Props to Cara for running her arse off (literally) while I walked (briskly at an incline) on my treadmill beside her. She went two miles in a full jog on that flippin’ piece of torture equipment. I don’t know how she does it, but I intend to find out!
  • Fist bumps for “Betty” who dropped a whopping 12 pounds this week and danced beside me in Cardio Jam when I didn’t want to do solo grooves in front of the class. She is quickly entering my circle of trust!
  • Super duper hugs to Meg for taking care of everyone, whether it’s a chat, advice, hug, ass-pinch at dinner (LOL) or a ride!  I will never look at laundry day in disdain ever again! You and Haley made it so much fun!
  • High five to Haley (“the Doc”) for pushing herself beyond any limits I have yet to discover! You are a bit cray cray (in a good way} and it makes me want to try harder! I know you’ll probably advance to the top in the Insane-Extreme-Fitness group this week! Take pictures for me! Haha.
Twenty-nine new people joined us tonight! Some of which were former contestants of the Biggest Loser TV show. Tara, Sione, Sarah, Arthur, and Courtney C all came around to each of us at dinner to introduce themselves. What an inspirational and friendly bunch! I can’t wait to join them in some serious workouts! Tara warned us to not ask her anything if we didn’t want the absolute truth! Haha! My friends who know me well are very aware that I almost always give that caveat when asked a difficult or personal question/opinion. If you don’t want to know, don’t ask. Awesome, Tara!
This week’s Top 10 epiphanies:
1)      Healthy food doesn’t have to taste like ass or cardboard.
2)      Trainers aren’t evil, flexible, carb-busting aliens from an alternate universe.
3)      Tough situations create quick, strong bonds with others...to the point where you can potentially fart in front of them and not care.
4)      I never knew what “being sore” really was… even your eyelids and ears can get sore.
5)      I love hiking! (Don’t get me wrong… hiking uphill sucks big *$!@*, especially when you’re with a group of people who appear to have ingested pure adrenaline…. But, the reward you receive with a beautiful view of the ocean or mountains is beyond any pain you experience getting there.)
6)      Duct tape prevents blisters and saves your feet! But, it also destroys socks; Target sells socks, not feet.
7)      Grape nuts = pie crust. (WTF?)
8)      I don’t care for…. Scratch that… DETEST parsnips <shiver...cough...shiver>
9)      It gets effing freezing in Malibu!!! (So glad I packed a ton of thin tanks and shorts!)
10)   Sweat is fat crying! (Thanks, Coach!)
Inspirational quote of the day from Team Beach Body: "Don't be afraid to fail. Be afraid not to try" ~Michael Jordan


Have an awesome week! I’ll be starting Week 2 with a 6am stretch class! See you all on the fit side!

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHHH I heart you even more. Best summary of our week ever. You kick ass and keep kicking ass. You are an inspiration to so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Thanks, Cara! If not for you and Betty, I would have never thought to blog at all and I don't know where I'd be without your support! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete