Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Week 2: Day 3 - Is it over yet?

Calories Burned: Unknown. Bodybugg croaked half way through my hike. Ugh. RIP you POS.

I'm not going to lie... today was tough! Some people were talking about Wednesday (or humpday) being the toughest day of any week due to the fact that we've beat up our bodies so much over the last two days and that there are still two-and-a-half days left. Maybe that's the case, or maybe I'm just really frickin' hungry and super frickin' tired. Maybe.



Our group (Van 4) went on a hike to Ocean View today. Before we even started the hike, I felt quite low on steam, despite having fruit, eggs, toast, and loading my Camelbak water pouch with electrolyte tablets. Guess what? Keith wasn't havin' it... We got to what would have been the end of the hike and there were two paths ahead of us (oh so metaphorical, right?); One path went off to the left, uphill. The other was on the right and mostly downhill. I believe the guide (Randy) said, "Please come with me (on the difficult trail)." My immediate answer was, "Oh, hell no..." Followed by, "I'm completely out of gas! I'm going to the right!" Then, the reason I hate and love Keith immediately reared its motivational head (where does he get that energy?). He looked at me with that "don't you quit" look, like a parent does toward a child doing his/her chores, and said in his Jersey accent (that I can't say 'no' to), "You're goin'... c'mon!"

I tried to refute because my muscles were flipping me off from all angles, but then Courtney chimes in, "I'll only go if you go.".... Eff! Are you kidding me?!?!? Now, I HAVE to go! Then, Keith and Courtney both said they'd be by my side the whole time to support me and that they would not leave me behind. I can't tell you how much that meant, because they both kept to their word and they're both in much better shape than I.


My rocks!

ummm.... mommy?

At one point, during the initial steep uphill climb, I thought my lungs were going to violently explode out of my nostrils. I stopped to catch my breath just enough to sip on some water, simultaneiously wondering if I had gotten myself into an impossible situation and that I may have to be life-flighted from the mountain. From behind the haze in my vision and the grunting of my gasps, I heard voices of encouragement and positivity coming from Courtney and Keith. I literally almost broke down and was on the edge of tears. I can't remember the last time I felt that people so selflessly supported by people I have just met. In the end, we finished the hill with a jog into the finish and it was sweaty high-fives and hugs all around! That was one of my most special  moments here at BLR thus far. I know I've said it before, but I've met some really amazing people here! They are absolutely phenomenal!

I didn't think this mo-fo would ever go downhill

I had another slight challenge today that landed me in the Urgent Care center. Thank you so much, Meg Gazaway for driving me there and waiting with me for my prescription! You are one of the best people I know... so genuinely nurturing and caregiving! You helped me even though I tried to refuse your help and I love you for being there.

It wasn't anything serious, but I'm feeling much better now and I'll be back to 100% tomorrow! The good news is that after my tests, the doctor said I was "spilling Ketones," which apparently is quite awesome if you're trying to lose weight! Woot woot!

Here is a copy of the menu today:

I didn't really eat from the menu today. PB&J makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit, and pumpkin soup... well, let's just say it might look better coming up than going down. Blech! The salmon was very dry, but had good flavor. I may try that one at home :-)


Sorry I haven't covered as much tonight. I started a little late and I need my sleep! 6am stretch tomorrow!


See you on the fit side!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. You sure it wasn't because of Harry's Law your new favorite show!!!

    ReplyDelete