Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Week 2: Day 2 - Great accomplishments and progress!

Day 2 of Week 2 under my shrinking belt... and boy, am I pooped! Who is in charge of delivering the cabana boys and margaritas? They skipped my room and I'm a little upset.

I witnessed and experienced some tremendous accomplishments today! The people here are absolutely amazing! Everyone works soooo hard! Even one of the trainers (John) said today that he'd never experienced a group with so much enthusiasm, life and energy for each other during a cardio class!
Speaking of which, here is Kim Hanks, in that kick-ass cardio class. If you can read her Arc Trainer display, yes... it is IN FACT set at Resistance = 85! She even got up to 100 at one point! She's a freak of nature!


It has been incredible to be a part of everyone's journeys!

I saw Haley run at her personal best on the treadmill today for a minute straight! I didn't know treadmills even went that fast! I saw Betty run at her personal best twice! THEN she dominated that bosu ball like it was her bitch! Go Betty! You amaze me! You inspire me and you make me want to push harder! <3 <3 <3 That's Betty, below, with her sister, Cara (on the left - also amazeballs), and Sarah Nitta (season 7)!



I was personally able to hold a 4.8mph jog for 2 1/2 mins today. That's a new personal best for me. I know it's nothing compared to Meg's 6.5 (with a broken toe, no less!), but I'll take it! I barely made it, but thanks to Tonia, I didn't have a choice! She doesn't take any excuses or giving up. After that, I got on the Arc trainer beside Tara Costa (Season 7 Iron Woman). Talk about intimidating! The woman is STRONG as hell, and she doesn't quit. If she could somehow bottle that up, I'd buy it!



We hiked to Malibu Creek and something with the word "Flats" in it (I keep forgetting the name because I am constantly referring to it as Rascal Flats). I promised Keith Ulley that I'd run up the last hill, and I did my best. It turned out to be a light shuffle jog at the end - you know, the kind you would do when you were a kid when your parent said, "Move faster!" but I made it and I was proud of myself. He ran the entire way at full speed! And while he looked completely spent by the end of it, he's still a rock star and keeps me laughing every step of the way!


Van 4 - Ready to Roll!

Van 4 at the summit!

Van 4 after climbing some ridiculous little path of torture called "Mamma Jamma."

Keith and I, taking a short breather on a rock. Courtney is in the background, taking a picture of the guide taking the picture :-) J/K
Fuzzy Keith Ulley - The pic, not Keith.

Oh - yes, Courtney is still kickin' my ass on the hills during our hikes... I'm getting used to this view! Haha! Work it, girl!


Yup - that's Courtney way ahead of me once again! She's in awesome shape!

Courtney and Me
She's so awesome and awe-inspiring! Although, I have to admit that when she refers to herself as "chubby" I want to shake her and make her see what the rest of us see! She's beautiful and SO NOT CHUBBY!

Here was my schedule and menu for today:



The quinoa was really good, but I passed on the peach muffins (blech!)

Top 5 things that will stick in my memory from today:
  1. Hearing the awesome news that Sam is walking again and will be home for Christmas!
  2. Betty kicking ass on the treadmill and bosu ball (brought a small tear to my eye)
  3. Turning around once I got to the van after my hike, to get a nice shot of Keith in an undeniably familiar position, facing a tree.
  4. That nasty sour cream tasting crap they tried to tell us was dessert. You've gotta be &#@$ing me.
  5. Watching tonight's episode of The Biggest Loser with Courtney, Arthur, Tara, and all my BLR buddies (Keith Ulley, Meg Gazaway, Karen Williams)
Finally, a shout-out and thank you to Shelene Bryan - Not exercise-related, but I went to do some laundry between classes because my jacket was starting to smell like a dorm room. When I got there, I realized I didn't have any change. Shelene didn't even think twice about giving me her last $2 in quarters. So sweet!

Favorite quote of the day: Overcome the notion that you must be normal... it robs you of the chance to become extraordinary!

Lots of love! See you on the fit side!

Heather

3 comments:

  1. I love you your an amazing person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Keith! Thank you!!!! :-) See you bright and early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hump Day! Keep up the awesome work! Loving hearing about your days.

    ReplyDelete