Tuesday, January 3, 2012

At Home - Day 16 (Biggest Loser Season 13 Premier Night!)



Once again, I am reminded of how much alcohol messes up your body and your weight loss goals. I almost removed my nail polish because I keep lingering so near 190 that I don't want ANYTHING extra on me (no matter how "light" the weight) when I step on that scale!!!

However, I chipped away some good miles for the Like-a-thon today! Woot woot!


  
Approximately 1510 Calories
  • Breakfast: whole wheat organic tortilla, 4 egg whites, 1 oz soy cheese, 2 slices of turkey bacon <350>
  • Snack: 12 raw cashews, 12 unsweetened banana chips <160>
  • Lunch: 2 slices whole wheat sprouted bread, mustard, 3 oz turkey, 1 slice light mozzarella cheese <420>
  • Snack: Kind Almond and Coconut Bar <210>
  • Dinner: 1 zucchini, 1/2 yellow squash, 1/2 yellow onion, 1 tsp olive oil, Trader Joe's organic chili lime chicken patty <370>


Approximately 1343 calories
  • 1.5 miles incline on treadmill
  • 8 mile hike / speed walk / jog
  • 1 mile run


  Personal Score: B 
(only because I went overboard on the calories... I was HUNGRY, but I shouldn't have used that olive oil. I ran out of fat free cooking spray. Meh!) 




Tonight is the season premier of The Biggest Loser, Season 13! I'm so excited! During the opening clips, I saw some of the former contestants that I just worked out with a few short weeks ago. I found myself shouting, "Taraaaa!" at the TV with a huge grin on my face! <crickets>....... um... yah. There's nobody else here.

Is it just me, or did this season's contestants seem to have a high propensity to vomit? GoodNESS! That first workout was a whole lot of puking and laying on the gym floor! Are Bob and Dolvett harder on them this year, or are the camera man and director just becoming desensitized to vomit? Wrong night for me to eat extra calories. I hate watching people puke <blahlhch>

Today, I was finally able to put aside some time to get my teambeachbody.com business going. I was able to put together a web site, buy P90X, buy a set of dumbbells, and order a month's supply of Shakeology. Much like Season 13's theme, I have NO EXCUSES now! This is it! Once I get the P90X (In approximately one week), I will attempt to conquer every workout for 90 days. I'm nervous and excited!


After setting myself up for this P90X and teambeachbody adventure, I went to visit a friend. When I walked in his house, I noticed that he had P90X products up on his computer screen. I said, "You're not going to buy that from there, are you?" to which he answered, "I wanna get ripped again for summer. Why does it matter where I buy it?" <Coach Matt would be so proud of what happened next> I said, "Buy it from me! I'll coach you! You need Shakeology too! It will get you to your goals faster and it's packed with all the nutrients your body needs during the day!" 

I was listening to myself as though I was having an out of body experience. Did I believe what I was saying? Yes! How is it I already believed in these products after a sample and a few videos? My order is still in the mail!

Well, what I have seen at teambeachbody so far are real people and real results.

Once I left my friend's house, I was excited and motivated! He seemed so pumped about getting in shape and it reignited that little fire in me to work out! I am so glad I scheduled a long night hike tonight! I went straight to the hike meeting location and off we went! It's amazing how much there is to see in the city, even at night!


It's completely different than our Biggest Loser Resort beach hikes in Malibu, but it's still a lot of fun and I really got a good workout! Instead of rocky hills and beach stairs, we climbed the stairs to the top of the train trestle. Instead of watching out for waves that would put sand and salt water in our shoes, we gripped our pepper sprays and dodged shady yetis emerging from dark corners on the trail. Rather than perform the famous nature whiz, we stopped at Embassy Suites and used the lobby restroom. And where else can you get a beautiful view of the river on one side and then look over your other shoulder to see a freeway and a gas station? Ah, city hiking! Haha!


Even though we pounded pavement instead of dirt, rocks and sand, I still wore my duct tape and double socks; the blister preventer extraordinaire! Not one hot spot after 8 miles! I'd say it works like a charm! I'm really looking forward to meeting up with this group on a regular basis! The people are really nice and they all seem to enjoy being active! Plus, I do believe that Michelle and I will be pushing each other to do active things, whether or not it's with the rest of the group... it just likely won't be in the mountains until the 5th outing or so... or at least 3 dinners (Inside joke).



I decided that the best way to show people that I believe in the process and products, is to chronicle my journey using P90X and Shakeology right here on my blog. I will be very honest about how it makes me feel and whether I see and experience results. I will also try to take pictures to show my progress (or lack thereof). As an added bonus, my friend has agreed to be my first client and he is going to allow me to chronicle his journey as well! He said he'd allow pictures if I cropped out his face! Haha! I'll have to think of something to super-impose on his neck, in place of his head... like a giant turd or something. Hee hee!

 Anyway, I'm excited about his transformation because he has the kind of build that will show a lot of muscle once he loses some body fat. It's been so long since I've shed my "protective coating" that I don't remember what my muscle looks like under there. At least I know it won't be scratched when it's revealed! It's been protected for awhile.

Well, my TiVo just finished showing me tonight's episode of The Biggest Loser. I can't believe that guy volunteered to go home?!?! After all the trouble he went through just to get on the show, and all the people that would DIE to take his place??? That seemed like a pretty selfish move. Just sayin'

And what was up with the low numbers for Week 1? Are they trying to make the weight loss seem more realistic? Was there some lawsuit regarding unrealistic portrayals of weight loss on the show, of which I am not aware? I'm sorry, but I have family members that can lose that much weight in just five minutes after a meal is digested. The numbers were disappointing and the highest percentage of weight loss was achieved by the guy that didn't even want to be there! That is some bulllsh*t. 

I plan to attend the finale in May, and I want to be interested in this cast. I actually like the PINK TEAM girls! Their stories were the most intriguing to me and the ones I could relate to best. All in all, I was a little disappointed in the first episode, but I'm still a loyal fan of the show!

Time for sleep!

See you on the fit side!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment