Monday, January 2, 2012

At Home - Days 14 (Happy New Year!) & 15 (Day off from work)


  
FUEL:
Day 14 (New Year's Day):
Approximately 1360 Calories
  • Breakfast: bagel, lox, capers, onions, cream cheese <510>
  • Snack: oatmeal, strawberries <150>
  • Lunch: Approx 2 cups of Movie Popcorn <210>
  • Snack: raw cashews and unsweetened banana chips <160>
  • Dinner: Salmon burger with salsa and sandwich thins <330>
Day 15 (January 2):
Approximately 1100 Calories
  • Breakfast: whole wheat organic tortilla, 4 egg whites, 1 oz soy cheese, tomatillo salsa <320>
  • Snack: raw cashews and unsweetened banana chips <160>
  • Lunch: turkey, light cheese and lettuce wrap <310>
  • Snack: light string cheese <80>
  • Dinner: chicken breast, zucchini and onions <220>

 THE BURN:
Approximately 660 calories

Sunday was a rest day and I rested like a champ!

Monday, I had to begin chipping away at those Like-A-Thon Miles!
  • 4.5 miles on treadmill



SELF ASSESSMENT:
  • Personal score: C (I waited until later in the day to actually work out and it wasn't at my full potential)
MY DAY(s):

Day 14 - January 1st

I woke up on Sunday at 10:30am, but I'm not quite sure when we all went to bed. I know it was very very late. After reading multiple text messages on my cell phone (I'm glad I had it on silent), I got out of bed to find a very sleepy and hungover pal on his couch with his dog. Looks like the dog ("Olive") is a 9er fan as well!

Slowly, we got ourselves together and went to a little spot called "Purple Place" to watch football and have some food. We ended up staying there for almost 5 hours. I had to keep standing up because my booty was getting sore on those chairs! Thank goodness I avoided a hangover by drinking a lot of water and sticking to  vodka. The others... well... let's just say that breakfast included Bloody Marys for the lot of them. After almost 5 hours of watching them drink, I became the designated driver and we all went to a movie.

We saw "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." That is one effed up movie. Good movie, but SICK. Picture being sober in a movie theater, in the back row, for three hours watching a seriously disturbed movie... 5 drunk people on my left, and an old couple in their 70s on my right. I can't say it wasn't funny and interesting! One ear was listening to an innocent old lady ask her husband, "Why is she doing that?" <when the girl was kissing another girl>, "What is wrong with him?" <when a very sick individual was doing very sick things>" and "What is that?" <when she pulled a very large "toy" from her bag>... the other ear was hearing, "D'ohhhh! That #!@% is f#$%ed up!" and "WTF?!?!" and "Where's my popcorn?" <you spilled half of it and ate the other half>. Good times! I didn't get home until almost 10:00pm.

Day 15 - January 2nd

As I anticipated, there were consequences on the scale from a night of drinking, bad food, and salty popcorn. I was up almost 3 pounds. Today, I'm back on track with nutrition. After viewing some of the pictures from the Vigor 5K web site, I decided I needed to head to REI to buy snow stuff for Megan's birthday bash in Utah! She invited me to do this 5K obstacle course with all of her friends for her birthday on February 4! I'm soooo excited! It looks fun, but REALLY hard! It's not just a run in the snow, it's an obstacle course! I hope we're ready! I have 130 miles (at least) of training between now and then!


Since it is a New Year and I want to do 2012 right, I have used the last few days for some self-reflecting:
  • I am so happy to have my new BLR family to keep me on track with my fitness goals (Brianne and Cara, I WILL get you on a hike with me if it kills me!)
  • I have an amazing family and my parents' relationship is almost impossible to live up to. I have to stop trying to do that. I saw a quote on Facebook today and I wish I had copied it. It said something about "If we always compare ourselves to others, we will always fail." Well, it was much more profound and eloquent than my paraphrasing, but I did get the message.
  • I need to say "yes" to challenges, even if they are scary (so, if you want to invite me to a 5K or another event, please let me know!) I talked to a few friends about Tough Mudder in Squaw Valley in September this year! It sounds like we might have a team!
  • I must tell myself at least one nice thing about myself every day.
  • I've got to suck it up and let go of my car, LaFonda (my Honda)... she's falling apart on the inside. My friend tried to drive her yesterday and was pretty vocal about LaFonda's flaws. Her engine runs great, but she has 250K miles and is 12 years old. It's time. <tear>
  • I need to stop trying to create space in others' lives and just let it happen naturally (based on another quote from FaceBook). There is at least one person in my life that can be labeled as toxic and I know I'm going to have to sever that relationship. I hate doing that.
  • I need to cease from getting all of my inspiration from quotes on FaceBook!
Well, maybe not just yet... here's one more favorite quote:


No regrets!

See you on the fit side!
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment