Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13, 2012: I was able to exercise on a bike!

January 13, 2012:



Yes!!!! I lost another 1.8 pounds since yesterday! I'm sure some of it was water weight, but it's a new "low" on the scale (in a good way!). Amanda has been instrumental in getting my butt to the gym in the morning, so I am dedicating these -1.8 pounds to her!


  
Approximately 1177 Calories





Approximately 824 calories
  • 1 mile on elliptical
  • 1 miles at 11.5 incline on treadmill at 3.0
  • 2.0 miles of intervals on the treadmill
  • 9 miles on bike (first time on a bike in 15 years!)
  • Foam rolling for 15 minutes




  Personal Score:  A
I'm really proud of the fact that my core is now strong enough to endure a bike ride! I am a little sore in the lumbar area, but it's not the same pain I used to feel when I would strain the discs in the past. It's the kind of sore you feel after working out some muscles for the first time... a good sore!


Today was a really good day! I woke up with a lot of energy after a full night's sleep! I was able to hit the gym for an hour and a half. During that time, the sweat was pouring off of me. I made the mistake of trying to start on the treadmill; I was struggling to get above 3.5 mph. I felt kind of tired and sluggish! Instead of giving up, I decided to try the stationary bike and see if I could a) get my energy up and b) pedal and sit without being in pain... it worked on both accounts! I think I was energized by the mere fact I was able to do it! I stayed on for 9 miles and averaged 17.5 mph at level 10. I felt like I was kicking butt! Then, I repeated yesterday's personal best by running at 7.0, but for 2 1/2 minutes this time! I went just over a quarter mile at that speed... I hope that I achieve one mile at that speed within the next month! I believe I just created a goal for myself!

For an after-workout snack, I had half of a Shakeology shake with frozen strawberries. I gave the other half to my friend, Marisa. She said it tasted like Pudding Pops! We both slurped them down like a yummy dessert! Still can't believe those are good for you!

After finishing up some work, we went to a late lunch. I ordered sushi rolls that I thought would come without rice, but to my dismay they were wrapped with tons of white rice. I peeled off all the rice and seaweed and just ate the inside, which consisted of veggies, tuna, halibut, salmon, sprouts, tobiko, a few capers and a very small amount of cream cheese. It was delicious, but not very filling. Eating out is not easy and I always feel like I'm a big pain in the ass when I order something. I eat out a lot, so I had better get used to it! Especially since I refuse to order salads all the time. Salads, for the most part, don't do much for me. I think of them more as a digestion aid than food.

After lunch, we headed to the Apple Store to get Marisa's iPad2 fixed. Apple ended up replacing it on the spot! Happy Day!
Since I have lost a few more pounds since my last attempt, I decided to slip on those True Religion jeans again. I'm not quite there, but I'm getting close! Six or so more pounds and I think I'll be able to wear them in public! They go on much more easily, but I still have a muffin-top. Not cute.

Tonight, I am watching "The Help" as I finish up my blog post. Looks like a sad movie, so I will wrap this up before this movie makes me bawl like a baby. :)

Tomorrow I am planning to go to yoga in the morning, followed by an appointment at the salon and a white elephant party! I hope I can squeeze everything in, including some extra burn!

Note to Steve: Let's plan that hike soon!!!


Have a great weekend, everyone!

See you on the fit side!

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment