Friday, January 6, 2012

At Home - Day 18: Much better than yesterday!



My weight was the same as yesterday, but this is after all that jerky and bloat, so I think I did well! Plus, I was able to corroborate my scale's output with the doctor's office and it appears to be dead-on! It was nice to not have the "5 lb surprise" on the doctor's scale!



I got in a quick two miles tonight before heading off to dinner with friends. I didn't stop and it only took 25 minutes and that was on almost no sleep! I was pretty proud of myself! I am hoping to get enough sleep tonight in order to go to the gym tomorrow morning and attempt 3 miles without stopping. However, it's approaching 11pm now, so we'll see how that goes.



  
Approximately 1254 Calories
  • Breakfast: 4 egg whites, 1oz soy cheese, 2 slices organic ham (diced), one multi grain wheat round <350>
  • Snack: 1 cup of Rainier cherries <90>
  • Lunch: one multi grain wheat round, 2 slices organic turkey, one slice light mozzarella cheese, lettuce, mustard <260>
  • Snack:  1 cup of Rainier cherries, 12 raw cashews and 12 unsweetened banana chips <250>
  • Appetizer: Ahi lettuce wraps (2) from Scott's Seafood  - Raw, cubed Ahi tuna, butter lettuce, soy dressing/marinade, cabbage, green onions <120>
  • Dinner: SALAD from Scott's Seafood - Lettuce, 3 slices cucumber, 1 slice tomato, 1/2 hard boiled egg white only, 4 black olives,  3 oz bay shrimp, broccoli, 1 tsp dressing (on the side and dipped just the tips of the tongs of my fork) <184>
Note: Ummm... This message brought to you by Heather's tummy: I strongly advise limiting your cherry intake to 1 cup per day. They were just so darned tasty!

Approximately 350 calories
  • 2.0 miles incline on treadmill
  • 1.0 mile quick speed walk around Capitol Park

  Personal Score:  B+ 
(For pulling myself out of yesterday's funk AND running 2 miles without stopping, even though I barely had any time to devote to working out today.)


Today was much better than yesterday! Waking up at 3 AM definitely had its effect on me today, though. I was very sleepy this morning and not on my "A" game at work. I still felt pain in my abdomen at around 8am, so I tried to get out the door to head to an urgent care center before 9 AM, but work wasn't cooperating. There were just too many meetings. I finally left the house at 11:45 AM and got to the doctor at noon... along with everybody else in the north state! I looked around and assessed the wait to be approximately 20 minutes. Very poor assessment. After almost 3 hours in that waiting room! I spent another hour on top of that in the pharmacy, I felt like a hostage in sickie-ville!

Everyone around me was coughing, hacking, sneezing, wheezing... ugh! If I don't get sick from subjecting myself to that, then I need to give a gold medal to my immune system! By the way, does anyone play inappropriate videos on their cell phones in the waiting room at a doctor's office? The guy next to me had no apologies and streamed to his heart's content at full volume. The lady behind me kept talking to herself, (probably mapping out her next score for meth with the voices in her head). The older lady across from me was on her death bed from the flu and the hypochondriac in me immediately felt my throat getting sore. All I could think was "Please call my name, please call my name, please call my name." That doesn't work at all, by the way.

As I was leaving, hungry and thoroughly accosted by flu germs, I saw these two signs posted on the wall:


Really?!?!? Haha! I pulled out my iPhone and checked myself into the clinic, ready to write a scathing review, when this sweet voice from behind the counter said, "Thank you for being so patient with us today! We were really swamped with that flu! I hope you have a great day!" Awwww, dangit! Now I can't do a textual beat-down of this clinic on FaceBook! Nor can I give a poor rating. The iPhone went back into my pocket...Darn you, kind sweet receptionist girl!

While I was waiting in the pharmacy, I kept passing the candy aisle. For a split second, I told myself to go ahead and buy some 70% dark cacao chocolate so that I could melt it and drizzle it over some of the fruit I bought yesterday. But, as I turned down the aisle and saw THIS,


I decided it would be best not to traverse that path at all... I looooove almost every candy that comes in the fun-sizes. They're just... well... fun! I turbo'd my cart in the other direction toward kitchen ware. Evil choco-aisle!

When I finally arrive home, it was after 4pm.  I was greeted by a super smiley Marisa at the front desk. Yay! My key was ready! Now I can go to the gym without an employee having to let me in! Once again, one less excuse! Isn't it cute how she put little smileys and hearts on the envelope! We love Marisa! She's amazeballs.


After my Med Center visit, most of my work day was shot, but I still managed to squeeze in two more meetings before my two mile run, then dinner.

I met up with an old friend who is currently doing Weight Watchers. She seems to be doing quite well on that program! Since we both wanted healthy options tonight, we went to a local seafood place called "Scott's Seafood." At first, I was very tempted to get the salmon and wild rice dish that had a Mediterranean chutney on the top, but then she said she was ordering the salad. My mind went straight to, "Well, I'm not going to be the bad influence here! I'm having the salad too!" It was a beautiful salad with lots of yummy veggies and shrimp, but I still wish I could have tasted the salmon. Our waitress was incredible and so helpful! I told her ahead of time that I would be ordering things without oil or butter and she actually went in the back to see how the chef prepared the salsas, marinades, etc! She came back with a full report and helped us both tremendously in making healthy decisions! I can't express how awesome it is that she went that far above and beyond for us!

Here is what my salad looked like when it arrived:


Yummy!!! I wish I had a full egg, though. I only eat the egg white and I love it covered in black pepper! Mmmmmmm..... Shelby and I had a great visit! I missed her! She just GETS me. I guess she SHOULD after almost 20 years of friendship, right? And she hasn't run away screaming yet! Haha


Because it is now approaching midnight and in the interest of getting some sleep, I'm going to sign off (but not without ONE last quote, of course!):


Soooo fitting for yesterday!

I'd like to thank @BLResort for helping me to regain motivation and for your support! (Thanks, Sarah!)

One more small shout-out: Thank you, Meg, for being there for me almost daily and for handing me some of the best laughs of my life! You are hilarious, even when you are so sick that you can't think straight! I love you, girl!!! Tonight's conversation lifted my spirits and motivated me to do better tomorrow! You help more than you'll ever know. Can't wait to do the 5K in February! Woot woot!


See you on the fit side!
-Heather

2 comments:

  1. WAY TO PULL IT TOGETHER GIRL!!! And that Salad looks AMAZING!! Where did you go for that?!

    2 miles running without stopping, shoot...I can only imagine. @ minutes KILLS ME!!

    Proud of your commitment, honesty and hard work! Most importantly, I am proud to call you friend and fellow Weightloss journey-er.

    Thanks for listening tonight and having some laughs with me over text! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time, Meg! So much fun! :) The restaurant is a local seafood place called "Scott's Seafood." I think there are three of them in the Sacramento area and their food is beyond fantastic!

    ReplyDelete