Monday, January 16, 2012

January 15 - 16: Fell off the wagon a little...but the fall was fun!

January 15 - 16, 2012:




Over the past few days, I've had a lot of fun, but I've also made some poor fuel choices. Instead of displaying my mistakes in my normal charts and pictures, I'm just going to provide somewhat of a public service announcement:

Don't drink your calories.

It's way too hard to limit your intake, especially after the second or third drink.  If you do drink your calories, heading to a sushi restaurant with two other calorie-drinkers and ordering half the menu is probably not the brightest idea ever. At least I ordered my sushi with "no rice" (because heaven forbid I consume 1000 calories in sushi and also ingest white rice!), which by the way confuses the heck out of a waiter at a sushi restaurant. Sushi rolls sans rice does not translate well.



On Sunday, my rest day, and before the sushi scenario... I took a morning Zumba class, followed by 45 minutes of ice skating (fun!). I was surprised to see my heart rate at a steady 135-145 in the ice rink! When I showed my skating buddy, Ben, my heart rate monitor display, he said, "Your heart rate is only up due to pure fear (of falling)." He was probably right! It had been a good 15 years since I last wore ice skates and rentals aren't known for being awesome or fabulous.







  Personal Score:  Passing
(since I still had presence of mind to not order any rice)




I've been a little ashamed to write anything since Sunday. Although I went to Zumba and went ice skating, I did fore go a few hours at the gym in order to hang out with "the boys." When I first sat down, they kindly acknowledged that I was no longer drinking... which lasted all of about 10 minutes. There was something about it technically being my rest day and sitting in an Irish pub with a few pitchers of IPA in front of me. Next thing I know, I'm asking the waitress for a frosty pint glass. A few rounds later, I no longer cared about calories or exercise. 12 oz curls and walking home were the only activities on our agenda.

I had so much fun, but at about 9pm I texted my trainer and pretty much let him know that there was no way I was going to make it to our scheduled 7am session the next morning. I barely made it out of bed by 8:30am to meet a friend for shopping and breakfast today. We were also supposed to do P90X today, but I ran out of time before I had to leave for my optometrist and doctor appointments. In retrospect, I am sad at how many things were adversely affected by one night of drinking!

After my appointments, I met my trainer at a bar so that he could chat with me about life and motivate me to get back into the swing of things. My next appointment is 6am on Wednesday. He's showing up at my house, so I have no excuses.

As of this moment, I'm at 185.8 pounds. I still have a long way to go and I definitely have my struggles. This is my life, though... I'm worth more than I've given myself in my past. Time to treat myself like my body is the only home I'll ever have.

Until next time...

See you on the fit side!

-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment